My home is Texas. I’m 23 and am happily married. We own a beautiful boxer pup named Stella. I graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in December 2015 with my Bachelor’s degree. I don’t really have a direction for this blog yet, so we’ll just have to see where it takes us.
In an attempt to give you some background on the kind of person I am, here are 5 interesting (or uninteresting to some) facts about me:
- I love sports movies. I don’t love sports. I find they are incredibly moving and inspirational and since I’m a big softie, they are guaranteed to make me cry. Some of my favorites: We Are Marshall, Remember the Titans (duh.), Coach Carter.
- I’m a huge reader. The past few years have seen a decline in the number of books I read, which hurts my heart, but every time I get the chance, I jump into a new book. My most recent read, The Nightingale, was set in France during WWII. It was heartbreaking, and the end turned out to be a bit of a surprise (ask my husband, I was very vocal about it). Regardless, I would definitely recommend.
- Winter is my least favorite season. Anything lower than 60 degrees will have me shivering and in an unpleasant mood. That is why Texas will always be my home: reliable heat for most of the year.
- I can’t do a cartwheel. I feel as if this is one of those things every young girl learns as they grow up, but I never did.
- Children’s sugary cereal is basically it’s own food group for me. Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops; all are tried,true, and Marissa-approved snacks.